This course is designed to help the learner driver who may need extra help to pass their theory test. Before you can book your practical driving test, you will need to pass your theory test. The better prepared you are, the more likely you are to pass first time, saving you time and money.
The theory test consists of two parts:
Multiple choice questions – this is to test your understanding of the theory behind driving. Subjects include alertness, driving attitude, safety, vulnerable road users, road conditions and road and traffic signs. You will be asked 50 questions with the pass mark being 43 and for this task you will have 57 minutes.
Hazard Perception – you will be shown 14 video clips each about 1 minute long, featuring everyday driving situations with a number of hazards and more importantly one developing hazard. However, one of the clips will be a little different and will contain two developing hazards that you will need to identify. The pass mark required for this test is 44 out of a possible 75.
This is how the course works:
1. You will receive a total of 5 hours, personalised 1-2-1 theory tuition from a Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) Approved Driving Instructor
2. Your instructor will provide you with expert tuition and guidance for both the multiple choice questions and hazard perception elements of the theory test
3. This course is normally taken over 1 or 2 days, subject to test availability, with a theory test at the end. You can arrange the training hours with your instructor
4. In the unlikely event that you are unsuccessful at the first attempt, when booking this course we include a FREE second theory test
5. At the time of booking, you will need to pay a deposit of £184.00, with the balance of £115.00 payable to your driving instructor
* When you book our theory test help course, please let us know if you have any specific requirements. In many cases, special arrangements can be made during the test. These include voiceover, extra time, a 1-2-1 reader and a separate room.