Crash Courses Driving School Terms And Conditions
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below.
By booking a course of driving lessons with Crash Courses Driving School, you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
Before booking a crash driving course at the Crash Courses Driving School web site, please read the FAQ’s.
- ‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
- ‘we’ ‘us’ means Crash Courses Driving School
- ‘the driving school’ means the driving school or driving instructor providing the course for you
- ‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course
Terms & Conditions
- Each course is for the hours booked. The total hours of the course booked includes the time required for taking your practical test. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate (this can be agreed between you the pupil and your instructor).
- All pupils must pass the legal required eye sight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will be conducted by your instructor on the first lesson.
- If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will not be offered a refund.
- The prices quoted by Crash Courses Driving School do not include the prices of any test fees. The cost of your theory test is £31.00. The cost of your practical test is usually £62.00 on a weekday, however tests offered at weekends, or outside of normal working hours is £75.00. Any test fees can be added to the total price when booking your course.
- All deposits paid are non-refundable. If a pupil cancels a course after the balance has been paid, the following will apply. A cancellation fee will be levied on a pro-rata basis. 10 hours or less will be subject to a £50 cancellation fee. 20 hours or less will be subject to a £75 cancellation fee. 40 hours or less will be subject to a £100 cancellation fee. Any hours used will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £23.00.
- If a pupil cancels a driving lesson at short notice (less than 48 hours), the lesson is still chargeable and the hours will be deducted from the balance of the course.
- If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show , then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate of £23.00.
- When taking a crash driving course it is not possible to drive continuously, therefore, short breaks can be arranged between you the pupil and your instructor.
- Crash Courses Driving School act solely as a booking and administrative agent for driving schools and instructors in the UK. This means that we do not provide any driving courses ourselves and we undertake all our activities on behalf of the driving schools or driving instructors. Crash Courses Driving School is paid on commission.
- All courses are booked and based on average learning capabilities and are a guide only. No guarantees can be implied.
- A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driving Standards Agency ( DSA). All attempts will be made by Crash Courses Driving School to secure a practical test local to the pupil.
- The contract of the Crash Course/Intensive Course is between the pupil and the driving instructor. Any disputes or claims should therefore be taken up with the instructor and not Crash Courses Driving School. Crash Courses Driving School cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil, nor can it be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the instructor.
- The full balance of any course booked is payable directly to the instructor on the first day of the course.
- Crash Courses Driving School do not offer a first time pass guarantee.
- In the unlikely event that Crash Courses Driving School cannot fulfil your booking, a full refund of the deposit will be given.
- All courses undertaken with Crash Courses Driving School are on an individual basis. We do not offer shared courses.
- No guarantee can be made of test availability. In the event that a test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil and instructor. No refunds of any monies are applicable in this case. Also, if the DSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible / liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost.
- Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil’s standard of driving falls below the expected standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No test fee or courses fee refund will be made in these circumstances.
- At Crash Courses Driving School, all our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving Standards Agency.
- The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. Crash Courses Driving School cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
- The driving instructor will not smoke in the training vehicle.
- Refreshment breaks may form part of your daily tuition period.
- The driving instructor will not use a mobile telephone, except in an emergency, or in the interest of, or with the permission of the pupil.
- The training vehicle will be in good working order and will be fitted with dual controls.
- All special offers and course/lesson prices maybe subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company.
- If a gift voucher is supplied by Crash Courses Driving School, then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are to be used by the person, or persons named on the voucher and are non-transferable.
- If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 12 months. After this time, the lessons will be forfeited and no refund will be given. However, in the event that the pupil requires a refund of any unused hours within the 12 month period, then any hours already used will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £23.00.
- When a pupil is successful and passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor, or if requested by the pupil. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours utilised being charged at the standard hourly rate of £23.00.
- If the pupil cancels the course within 7 days before the commencement of the course, no refund will be given under any circumstances.
- You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements (20.5m or 67ft).
- You satisfy the DVLA/DSA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
- You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson.
- You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your course. If we, or a representative of Crash Courses Driving School detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid.
- A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
- You supply on the first lesson a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving school/instructor can by law not permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
- You are responsible for ensuring the appropriate documentation is produced when attending both the theory and practical driving tests. Crash Courses Driving School will not be held responsible in any way for lost test fees if a valid UK provisional licence and/or UK passport (in the event of the pupil holding an old style paper licence) cannot be shown to the relevant authorities at the time of attending the test.
- The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales.
- Crash Courses Driving School is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully – in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998
- Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law, and will not be sold or passed on to a third party
Questions about the terms & conditions
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in this document please contact us.